"Liebe Alle, es ist kaum zu fassen, die Zerstörung , das Morden, die nächtlichen Überfälle , die Angriffe israelischer Soldaten und Siedler in Palästina gehen weiter, dass dann palästinensische Jugendliche mit Messern gegen Israelis vorgehen, wundert mich nicht. Es geschieht aus Verzweiflung; sie sind für mich keine Terroristen. (Siehe Evelyn Galinski!) Endlich hat die „Junge Welt“ einen ausführlichen Bericht über das, was in Palästina geschieht: gezielte Vertreibung (hoffentlich könnt Ihr, können Sie diesen Anhang öffnen) und hier unten der Wochenbericht von PCHR , der Menschenrechtsorganisation.... Mich belasten diese entsetzlichen Berichte so sehr, dass ich tagelang nicht übersetzen konnte. Salam – Shalom" Ellen Rohlfs
Israeli forces continue systematic crimes in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
(25 February – 02 March 2016)
· Israeli forces continued to use excessive force in the oPt
- 4 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children, were killed in the West Bank.
- 18 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children were wounded in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
· Israeli forces continued to target the border areas along the Gaza Strip, due to which 2 civilians were wounded in the east of Khan Yunis.
· Israeli forces conducted 67 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
- 77 Palestinian civilians, including 13 children, were arrested.
- 10 of them, including 9 children, were arrested in occupied Jerusalem.
- 3 Palestinian civilians were arrested in the southern Gaza Strip while attempting to sneak into Israel to look for work.
· Settlement activities continued in the West Bank.
- 10 commercial and industrial stores were demolished in Ni'lin village, west of Ramallah.
- 4 residential tents, 2 livestock tents, 2 livestock barns in al-Farisiya area in the northern Jordan Valley were demolished.
- A school, 2 caves, 2 barracks, 10 residential tents and 6 livestock barns in Kherbet Tana, east of Nablus, were demolished.
- An underconstruction house in al-Shweika suburb, north of Tulkarm, was demolished.
· Israeli forces continued to target Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Strip Sea.
- 9 fishermen were arrested off al-Sudaniya shore; 8 of whom were released later.
· Israeli forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose the illegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 9th year.
- Dozens of temporary checkpoints were established in the West Bank and others were re-established to obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians.
- 6 Palestinian civilians, including a child, were arrested at military checkpoints.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (25 February – 02 March 2016).
Israeli forces have continued to commit crimes, inflicting civilian casualties. They have also continued to use excessive force against Palestinian civilians participating in peaceful protests in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, the majority of whom were youngsters. During the reporting period, Israeli forces killed 4 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children, in the West Bank. One of them was killed in Qalandya refugee camp, north of occupied Jerusalem, another was killed at "Beit Eil" military checkpoint, north of Ramallah, while the 2 others were killed in "Eli" settlement, south of Nablus. Moreover, they wounded 20 civilians, including 3 children. Thirteen of them, including a child, were in the West Bank, and the 7 others, including 2 children, were in the Gaza Strip. Concerning the nature of injuries, 11 civilians were hit with live bullets, 6 were hit with rubber-coated metal bullets and 3 others were hit with sound bombs.
In the West Bank, Israeli forces killed 4 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children, and wounded 13 others, including a child. Seven of them were hit with live bullets and 6 others were hit with a rubber-coated metal bullet.
The full report is available online at: